At HOSCH, our understanding of audits is not limited to checking the audit criteria and detecting non-conformities with the management system. Audits should and can be so much more.
What goals do we pursue at HOSCH with internal audits?
- To discuss cooperation between different departments and jointly look for opportunities for improvement
- Promote mutual learning between the departments – collect and communicate ideas
- Review agreed processes / procedures / documents – question them if necessary
- Record and document the organisation’s knowledge
- Counteract organisational blindness “We’ve always done it this way”
In summary, internal audits are an excellent tool for identifying risks and potential for improvement in the organisation and therefore also in the company’s performance. “Audit” is Latin (audire = to listen). That’s what we do at HOSCH – we listen.
HOSCH Health Day
At the HOSCH Health Day on October 27th, the focus was on health of the back in general and on how to strengthen it. In cooperation with a health insurance company, our HR department put together an exciting day of seminars, workshops and health modules.
Our employees learned how important proper sleep is for our back. They could get active at “Best of Physio – therapeutic exercises to do yourself” and “Back-Up – strengthen your back”.
At individual appointments for a back check, a spine screening and/or a bike fitting, the employees had the opportunity for a check-up followed by an individual consultation.
At the smoothie stand, they got some extra vitamin power with delicious smoothies and ginger shots. A flu vaccination by our company doctor was also possible on prior request, which completed the HOSCH health care offer.
As in previous years, we were again able to gather exciting impulses for maintaining our health. It was a very successful event, and we all look forward to next year´s health day.
TTT at HOSCH
As an international company it is important to have knowledge carriers all over the world. In our TTT-Seminar (train the trainer) we teach experienced employees how to properly conduct a training session. The trainer needs to be experienced in technical knowledge about scrapers and conveyor belts but also needs to understand how to successfuly conduct a trainig session. This includes different soft skills and presentation techniques. This time the TTT-Seminar was done with HOSCH employees from Indonesia, South Africa, Australia and Germany
HOSCH is included in the “smart and sustainable mining” section of the “Endeavour” magazine. A short editorial combined with an advertisement presents the global HOSCH product line.
The article has been published in three industry-relevant magazines, where it can reach a combined readership of 1.2 million specialist readers. Of course, an online presence is also included, see page 18/19 at
HOSCH Group and Predge AB agreed to cooperate in accelerating Conveyor Belt Digitalisation
HOSCH Group has just launched its digital portfolio HOSCHiris to complement the existing scraper product lines and to provide future ready services to its global customers. Together with Predge – the technology leader in industrial predictive maintenance from Scandinavia – HOSCH Group will join forces to cooperate in developing digital solutions for Conveyor Belt Monitoring.
Successful digitalisation is interdisciplinary. Without data science, most value of data remains hidden. Without advanced knowledge in a specific field, data science can easily fail to create meaningful value. One requires the other – that’s why respected expertise from Predge and HOSCH will join forces to cooperate in developing digital solutions for Conveyor Belt Monitoring.
Predge is an established player in Scandinavia for edge data science and predictive analytics in industrial digitalisation. This cooperation will generate additional insights from HOSCHiris Data, enabling customers to keep their operation running reliably.
- To be able to offer customers the best solution, we need access to data from various sources, such as maintenance measures and IoT monitoring solutions. By adding data sources from HOSCH digital data portfolio, we will be able to offer world-class data analytics tools for predictive maintenance, boosting customer value of the Predge Conveyor solution, says Simo Pykälistö, CEO at Predge.
- Cooperating with Predge will allow us to develop edge data science and predictive analytics for our customers and partners. It will bring HOSCHiris to a new level. We stay focused on delivering the best-in-class products and services to our clients in both, mechanical and digital applications, says Dirk Heidhues, Managing Director at HOSCH Group